Title: Sr UX/UI Designer
Contract: 12 months (possible conversion to FTE)
Start Date: ASAP
Must be authorized to work in US without restriction or sponsorship
Software Web Services Team is seeking a Senior UX/UI Designer to take a leading role in defining the user experience, information architecture, and visual design requirements on a wide variety of projects. In this role, you will:
* Lead design on client-funded projects by collaborating with diverse team members to establish a user research strategy, develop a deep understanding of needs, and create thoughtful, accessible, and creative solutions.
* Prioritize, organize, and produce UX/UI assets, including user journeys, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes, and partner closely with developers to deliver creative solutions that are aligned with our technical architecture.
* Continually improve products by advocating for the user and integrating client and user feedback into project cycles.
* Grow our team's UX and design practices by leading design reviews, establishing standards and processes, and encouraging peer feedback.
* Lead and conduct user research, create personas, identify required tasks and information flows for given systems.
* Create design artifacts, including information architecture, requirements, wireframes, data flows, graphic design assets, and related documentation.
* Make designs compliant with Stanford's online accessibility policies through implementing alternative technologies.
* Create application code to manifest the designs, or work with software engineers to develop them.
* Define usability testing on applications during the development lifecycle.
* Maintain an understanding of evolving industry standards and trends. Find opportunities to refine existing capabilities and demonstrate new ones.
* Analyze metrics and user feedback for issues and opportunities for improvement; collaborate closely with others to identify defects in application functionality or design and create strategies for mitigation.
* Collaborate with partners to develop and maintain consistent standards for the end-to-end user experience.
* Providing Portfolio links and/or relevant samples is required in order to be considered. Please provide passwords for any protected sites.
* Bachelor's degree and 5-10 years of experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
* Ability to define UX vision and inspire others to execute against it.
* Advantaged knowledge of computer systems, business processes and workflow.
* Demonstrated experience in designing web applications
* Experience in responsive design, and application of HCI to mobile application development.
* Experience in designing for accessibility, ensuring adequate access to information through assistive technologies.
* Defining and leading user research, user testing, usability testing and analysis.
* Skill in developing specifications and mockups using UI design tools and/or programming in web application languages.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise.
* Ability to design and document sophisticated business systems.
* Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically.
* Demonstrated ability to lead projects and multidisciplinary teams