Title: User Experience Researcher
Location: Remote due to COVID 19 (Portland OR)
Duration: 6 months (With possible extension)
- The UX Researcher works within the UX Design Team to strategize, conceptualize, and produce the creation of desktop, mobile, and API's for both business and consumer facing tools. The UX Researcher will work with the project team to identify research needs and deliver user-centered findings and recommendations that meet business objectives and provide an engaging and compelling story of what a Dealership Management System (DMS) might become. You must have advanced experience and demonstrated ability planning, conducting, analyzing and reporting user research.
As a UX researcher you will...
- Transform the end user experience for automotive dealership solutions
- Work closely with cross-functional product development teams to help realize user-centered design principles
- Implement a data-driven design vision, process, and execution
- Provide qualitative and quantitative research findings
- Collaborate closely with UX Designers to ensure designs meets the needs of the user
- Present and evangelize your work and the concept of user research across the organization
- Operate with lean, agile frameworks, and methodologies to optimize the ability to respond to changing priorities
- Collaborate with UX, CUX, engineering, QA, product marketing and management, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
Required Knowledge Areas
- Experienced in both qualitative and quantitative methodologies including surveys, user interviews, online "virtual" methods, usability testing, card sorting, personas, focus groups, heuristic evaluations, customer journey mapping, and content analysis
- Familiarity with design thinking principles and how they apply to innovation and product development
- Strong facility with end-to-end research process including but not limited to: screener writing, recruiting, writing detailed research plans, moderator guides, tracking projects, archiving and tagging
- Creation of deliverables such as competitive analysis, customer journey maps, workflows, contextual inquiry guides, research plans, user testing plans, and summary findings reports.
- Advanced proficiency in tools that facilitate remote research execution such as UserZoom, Zoom, UserTesting.com Qualtrics, etc.
- Experience with online collaboration tools such as: Miro, Slack, Trello
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite/365, Google Drive
- Familiarity with application lifecycle and collaboration tools like: Jira, Confluence or their equivalents.
- Exposure to modern design tools and workflows such as: Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite.
Nice to Have
- Experience with quantitative research methodologies - metrics (NPS, SUS), surveys
- (ODI, Kano, etc.) and associated tools (e.g. Qualtrics, Amplitude, Google Analytics)
- Experience with data analysis and visualization
- Experience working in a consulting or client-facing environment
- Automotive dealership industry experience is a big plus
- Experience in ecommerce
- Enterprise/B2B experience
- Experience with Enterprise, B2B, and B2C software development
We realize that everyone's situation is unique, however our general guidelines for requirements include...
- A portfolio demonstrating your diverse research experience
- 3+ years of user-centered research experience throughout the product development lifecycle
- BA/BS in design, HCI, human factors, cognitive/experimental psychology or similar
- Passion for research and empathy for end-user experience