Title: Transport engineer
- As a Transport engineer you will be part of a team that works with the latest technology to provide our customers access to our many network components including 5G systems. You will be performing a technical role including end to end oversight and project management for multiple transport expansion projects. These initiatives will require a skill set including, router knowledge, dark fiber, and microwave network design.
- Technical support and project management for the design, acquisition, and implementation for all equipment supporting Network infrastructure projects including DWDM and SONET Optical transport systems deployed throughout the Network or Microwave point-to point or point to multi-point installations.
- Working closely with OEM Vendors, 3rd party DF/Lit providers, and internal teams to identify the best Value (quality, time, and cost).
- Managing the vendor selection, contract negotiation, RFP and ongoing relationships.
- Maintaining an engineering database for documentation of all fiber assets, plant, FDP panels, and IRU contract management.
- Handling microwave design/review, regulatory filings as well as implementation management.
- Overseeing the financial aspects of multi-million dollar projects, including establishing business cases, and developing and managing budgets, procurement and bill payments.
- Regularly working with other groups forecasts to ensure equipment growth projects meet expectant demands in support of the companys objectives.
- Handling vendor management responsibilities, including engineering/design, managing budgets, procurement, and complete project management ensuring objectives are met in accordance with stated timelines.
- Cisco and/or ALU/Nokia router configuration experience.
- Working knowledge of Optical transport systems.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent in education plus work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Five or more years of experience in the cellular/ telecommunications industry
- CCNA certification.
- Knowledge in CWDM/DWDM Optical Transport systems including: Ciena, Alcatel-Lucent, and Fujitsu.
- Working knowledge and experience with SevOne traffic data collection system or another traffic statistics reporting package.
- Experience troubleshooting, problem solving, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of quality decision making.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Knowledge and experience in two or more of the following platforms and/or technologies:
o DWDM Optical Transport systems including: Ciena 6500 and Fujitsu 9500
o ALU/Nokia 7705 & 7750 routers. Cisco 920, 903, 5501, 540 routers
o Micro Semi Edge Grand Mater experience.
o PSTN traffic engineering including E911 and SS7
o Digital Communications including: Fiber and Ethernet
o Wireless voice and data service including: EVDO, CDMA, and LTE
Interested candidates please share your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
ManpowerGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)