Tier 1 Help Desk Specialist
Salem, OR 97301
Office 365 Administration
2+ Years Tier 1 Help Desk experience
Support/troubleshooting over telephone
Experience troubleshooting with desktop computers, Monitors, laptops, etc..
Microsoft products including windows operating systems, Office 365
Experience with ticketing tracking system
Strong customer service skills
Exceptional communication skills
NICE TO HAVE:
Monitors, distributes, and follows up on helpdesk requests, along with various other application support duties.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Actively monitor ticket pool to assign helpdesk tickets in a responsive manner.
2. Respond promptly to all requests for helpdesk (phone, email, helpdesk tickets) using effective communication skills. Ensure customer satisfaction is met through interaction and follow up. Use good judgment in escalating helpdesk tickets to the appropriate team member when necessary.
3. Provide level 1 support, including:
4. User Access Resets, iSeries Workstation Resets, Network printing, iSeries printing
5. Clearly update tickets with an accurate and detailed description of the issue, steps taken towards resolution, and any other significant information.
6. Utilize knowledge base as necessary in resolving tickets. Maintain or add knowledge base articles for undocumented issues and resolutions, using clear and precise information.
7. Direct or communicate unsatisfied customers to the appropriate MIS supervisor.
8. Coordinate the necessary steps for creating a new user profile, following standard procedure. Responsible for notifying user when setup is complete.
9. Create iSeries user profile if needed.
10. Participate in rotation of after hour helpdesk support.
11. Respond promptly to support-line phone calls after hours (6:00pm 6:00am) and weekends. Ensure customer satisfaction is met through direct resolution or escalation to the appropriate MIS resource.
12. Gain basic knowledge of daily tasks associated with all areas of the helpdesk, with the ability to fill in during the absence of a helpdesk associate.