Technical Support Technician
3-11 month contract
Onsite in North Reading, MA
*Not available for visa sponsorship or C2C engagement
- The IT Operations Technical Support Engineer will be joining a team of other Technical Support Engineers.
- The responsibilities include, but are not limited to providing remote support of incoming tickets, phone calls and chats, including extensive troubleshooting tasks with responsibilities covering multiple products, features and services.
- Monitoring the ticketing queue for incoming tickets and being able to prioritize and resolve tickets within the SLA (Service Level Agreement).
- Submitting tickets for approved hardware requests, to include laptops, desktops, and kindles that are requested by the customer.
- Day to day tasks may include new hire ticket chat and phone coverage, 2 people and manager at same time, answering phone with any technical questions (i.e. VPN setup, computer malfunctioning, etc.)
- Will be in an office area, but there is a manufacturing area that you may need to help support as well. A lot of walking!
- Coordinating Day 1 orientations
- Communicating with HR and recruiting, building equipment, making sure it is shipped correctly
- 3-4 years of experience in a help desk environment supporting more than 250 users in a team environment.
- Mac experience is a must
- Windows experience
- Imagine PC and customer service skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity and escalations.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Solid experience with macOS, Windows, & Ubuntu.
- Ability to demonstrate ownership, superior customer service skills, communicate efficiently with your peers as well as the customer.
- Maintain accurate records of interactions with customers and recurring user problems including writing knowledge base articles.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Project management experience a must.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- Ability to work independently is a must.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science
- Knowledge of ITIL/Scrum methodology
- Experience supporting a manufacturing facility
- Experience in Java/Python/shell scrip