Job title: Sr. Risk and Control Project Manager
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Contact Duration: 6 months
Job Location: Initial Remote then onsite: Irving, TX
o Must have at least 5 years Risk Management Experience
o Understanding Line of Defense Audit Concepts
o Minimum 5 Years Project Management Experience
o Minimum 2 years Agile
o Process Management and Re-Engineering Experience Preferred
- Enable successful delivery of infrastructure projects by working with the team through the entire project lifecycle
- Lead daily operation of the projects by planning the projects, working with multiple technology streams for delivery, driving work through project teams and communicating regularly with shareholders
- Ensure that projects are aligned with the project structure as per guidelines issued by the central team, implementing improvement practices when possible to maximize client happiness and financial saves
- Highlight risks, anticipate change requirements, and advance issues in a timely manner
- Provide regular updates to all concerned partners with regards to project health, financial tracking, action items, and support requirements
Core Role Competencies
- Project Management: Extensive experience leading a portfolio of projects, programs and initiatives across multiple lines of business. Prioritizes activity/resources based on corporate strategy.
- Processes/Procedures: Ensures processes and procedures are in place for self and others to use. Seeks ways to improve existing processes, making adjustments or recommending reengineering improvements.
- Customer and Industry Knowledge: Consistently applies a business driver and marketplace focus when prioritizing actions.
- Commercial and Financial Acumen: Identifies and monitors key indicators to gauge performance and identify trends, and makes decisions considering the bottom line.
- Risk Management: Examines and defines factors that could adversely affect task completion, delivery or achievement of customer satisfaction. Evaluates controls to help mitigate negative outcomes through prevention, detection and correction. Identifies the risks of negative outcomes, including inadvertent error or fraud. Ensures ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Team (People) Leadership: Experience in leading virtual teams ensuring all members stay connected, motivated and productive through the establishment of common purpose, goals, roles and structure. Provides resources/support to remove obstacles to team accomplishments.
- Execution Excellence: Gets involved in a project or initiative that has many actions and uncompromising time frames. Follows through on commitments and takes ownership to ensure that others follow through as well.
- Organizational Change Management: Adapts quickly to changing conditions. Facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace. Focuses on the long-term good of the change; able to clearly explain the effects of changes, supports others who are experiencing difficulty of the change. Provides opportunities for others to ask questions and make suggestions about change efforts. Handles complexity.
- Stakeholder Management: Identifies key partners and their influence, implements techniques for communicating/engaging and managing expectations. Has frequent interactions. Finds the appropriate balance of completing claims by various groups of stakeholders, acting fairly and in consideration of cultural and ethical factors.
- Effective Communication: Is able to effectively communicate across a number of communication settings and regularly does so. Takes time to consider what the partner knows and cares about, drafts messages, and rehearses so that they are confident delivering the content of the message. Seeks input, checks understanding and presents message in different ways to improve understanding.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Makes sound decisions. Considers relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. When making decisions, uses a mix of analysis, wisdom, experience and discernment. Assesses business needs, anticipates problems. Works independently and is self-directed.
Skills / Experience Levels
- You have experience influencing stakeholders and working with senior technologists preferably in a comparable technology or financial institutions organization.
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to articulate clearly in high stress situations
- You are a self-starter with problem solving experience having handled large, complex projects in a process-driven project environment
- You have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, able to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and changing priorities
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to influence manage and articulate clearly to project stakeholders and senior management
- You have a positive, does what it takes attitude to drive success
- You care about providing a great experience to your internal customers.
- You are attentive to detail and have confidence with project tracking, reports, metrics and presentations. You are proficient with MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project, or other analytical tools associated with project management
- You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience