1st shift: M-Th - 6:30am-4pm - 36 hours
Fri- 8am-noon. - 4 hours for a total 40 hrs/per week.
* Performing device repairs, upgrades, retrofits, preventive maintenance on internal (Acelity owned) and external customers medical VAC equipment.
* Executing quality control procedures for all repaired VAC devices prior to releasing them back to the customer.
* Providing technical support, over the telephone, for customers, sales force, and third party maintenance providers.
* Providing technical VAC device repair support to Acelity engineering
* Providing technical VAC device repair training support to internal and external customers in collaboration with Technical Service Center (TSC) repair engineer.
Essential job duties and responsibilities:
* Ensure VAC devices, component parts, to be repaired, refurbished, and salvaged are processed per quality controlled and reference only procedures.
* Test, diagnose and execute repairs, upgrades, retrofits and preventive maintenance on Acelity and customer owned devices.
* Rework, repair, and/or replace cable assemblies, wire harnesses, ribbon cables, cord sets, etc where applicable.
* Replace and or repair where applicable defective circuit boards and provide support for the upload, download of software firmware for device/s being repaired. Supports limited printed circuit board repair including downloading event logs.
* Supports offline spare part cleaning and salvaging efforts.
* Reassemble units and conduct formal quality control test procedure to determine if unit is ready to ship back to customer.
* Accurate consumption of parts to RSO or work order including verification of all available parts throughout production floor for management of available inventory.
* Provides technical assistance over the telephone for customers, sales force, and third party maintenance providers.
* Assists in research and development of Acelity products.
* Assists in testing, and inspection of new products.
* Maintains a clean and orderly workspace to include bench and floor clean up.
* Monitors the condition of tools and calibrated equipment PM cycles used and notifies supervisor, designated calibration tech of any maintenance needs.
* Notify supervisory personnel of any repair difficulties or other applicable information.
* Adheres to Company safety regulations and all requirements of Job Safety Analysis and notifies supervisor of any safety problems or hazard.
Skills and Experiences:
* Demonstrates ability to utilize various tools and equipment to support repair functions.
- Managing Work
- Continuous Improvement
- Decision Making
- Quality Orientation
- Safety Focus
* At least 18 years of age.
* At least 1 year experience in electrical assembly, soldering, troubleshooting and/or repair to include manufacturing environment or related electrical, mechanical, pneumatic experience/trade.
* Experience with MS Office applications including, Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
* Demonstrated and achieved productivity requirements and quality standards specified by the business.
* Demonstrated experience monitoring quality of assigned tasks and corrects any deficiencies.
* Demonstrated knowledge in electrical schematic diagrams, BOMS, test procedures, and work instructions.
* Demonstrates knowledge utilizing Material Safety Data Sheets.
* Ability to work scheduled shifts and complete assignments in required time frames.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Demonstrates communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relations.
* Ability to demonstrate skills regarding teamwork and collaboration.
* Experience with soldering iron guns, and de-soldering equipment.
* Background in working with medical device repair and or manufacturing environment.