Title: Project Manager III (IT)
Location: Cambridge, MA
Contract: 11+ Months
START DATE JAN 11th
R&D IT PROJECT MANAGER - Clinical Development IT
The R&D IT Project Manager will oversee Clinical Development projects to support clinical data workbench for data visualization and analysis. The Project Manager has responsibility for the health and success of projects within a matrixed organization with direct relationships with various groups in the business as well as IT.
This role requires the ability to:
- Monitor, manage, and ensure predictable delivery of the project in a deadline-driven environment.
- Drive delivery and accountability of internal staff as well as vendors and third-party project managers. Own the quality of the project delivered.
- Enable early identification and appropriate escalation of risks and issues that require assistance, attention, or executive resolution.
- Effectively communicate project status to leadership, verbally or in written form.
The Project Manager will monitor resources both internal to as well as external vendors and partners. The Project Manager is accountable for ensuring that the projects are delivered according to committed scope, approved budget, and target dates. The Project Manager will ensure that internal staff, as well as vendors and third-party project managers, provide committed project deliverables to the appropriate cadence and high level of quality.
- 5+ years project management experience, ideally including budget accountability
- 8+ years experience as an IT professional
- Comfortable with both waterfall and Agile methodologies, and familiarity with tools such as MS Project or JIRA.
- Experience with regulated systems projects, including requirements gathering, planning, and execution within a highly structured framework, especially GxP-validated systems and associated SDLC
- Experience in leading daily stand-ups and cross-functional meetings for nimble, fast-moving teams
- Proven ability to motivate colleagues and manage stakeholder priorities in a deadline-oriented environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills - particularly organizing and presenting project information to management
- Capable of working well under pressure; highly organized
- Capable of multi-tasking across projects
- Capable of working independently
- Experience working with third party vendor management (SaaS, cloud vendors)
- A background in Life Sciences projects, with validated projects or projects involving clinical studies
- The following domain expertise is a plus:
o Analytics and Data Sciences
o Study data management and operational visualization
o Clinical programming and biostatistics
o Regulatory compliance (FDA, MHRA, etc.)
o Blackberry Workspace (Watchdox)
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Business, or Life Sciences-related field required
- Graduate degree in a relevant field preferred
- PMP Certification