We are looking for a candidate with a strong track record of tactical execution and background in overseeing complex meetings content and production. He or she must be able to balance numerous simultaneous assignments, and have the ability to create and enhance relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. Job Responsibilities Manage and execute internal meetings, external meetings and congresses.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage project timelines and action plans in collaboration with cross-functional partners and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Lead or participate in cross-departmental project teams in support of meetings, develop meeting plan, and foster clear, consistent, and open collaboration with business partners across the organization Work with procurement to execute RFPs,
- source venues and select sites for best fit locations and evaluate vendor services for venues according to industry standards and stakeholder requirements;
- communicate and gain buy-in on recommendations.
- Plan, select and manage all food and beverage for events. Source and oversee vendors for all production and audio-visual for events. Manage logistical components including meeting space, room set-ups, food and beverage, technology, audio visual, sleeping room reservations, production and on-site management. Manage meeting materials including registration, invitations, confirmations, name badges, and surveys based on the need, as well as work with communications for a comms strategy. Manage external vendors including venues, meeting management companies, production companies, etc. to ensure focus on stated meeting objectives and manage vendors to ensure deliverables and timelines are successfully met to expectation.
- Responsible for on-site execution of events, including oversight of vendors in support of registration, monitoring F&B functions, general session set up, and evening affairs such as reception and dinners.
- Identify, analyze and monitor potential risk. Utilize risk management techniques and strategies. Provide contingency plans and appropriately manage emergencies Travel required, when necessary.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external colleagues as well as excellent customer service skills Ability to establish effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Extensive understanding and application of event planning, concepts, practices and industry standards.
- Demonstrated ability to actively listen to needs of business partner and formulate meeting agendas and programs.
- Being proactive - operate outside the scope of expectations and be pro-active in taking on additional cross-functional responsibilities to improve efficiencies within the respective conferences and meeting management.
- Strategic thinking &n dash; demonstrates strategic orientation by recognizing simpler patterns in complex situations and projecting outcome.
- Flexible in a fast-paced setting with ever-changing tasks and calm under pressure.
- Work successfully both independently as well as within the context of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite. Comfortable embracing new technologies and digital tools such as financial management, work order management, mobile app technologies and event.
Minimum Experience 3-4 years' of related experience and a BS or BA degree in Event Management, Hospitality &Tourism Management or equivalent &n dash; strongly preferred.
- Significant meeting and event management experience required. Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) is preferred.
- Ability and flexibility to travel and perform weekend work, as needed.
- Knowledge of FDA regulations for HCP's through the Sunshine Act, and knowledge of trends, technologies and regulations affecting the meetings/corporate industry Strong commercial pharma experience in corporate events &meetings Is required, including National Sales Meetings, Incentives trips, POA's, Launch meetings, and District meetings
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)