Editing of operator's manuals, service manuals, administrator guides, software release notes, and related documents for a variety of medical devices used in blood centers, plasma centers, and hospitals. Ensures work is performed according to departmental work instructions and standard style guides. May assist with flow charts and other supporting tasks as assigned by the technical manual writers. Coordinates the efforts of team members and suppliers to deliver projects according to plan. This position will also support the maintenance of the Ops Manual SharePoint site.
Editing - 10%:
- Edits and formats label copy documents (e.g., operator's manuals, admin guides, release notes, addendums, etc.) containing text, tables, and figures for clarity, consistency, and grammar following appropriate label copy style standards and templates.
- Revise tables, graphs, flow charts, or forms based on redlines.
Translations - 40%:
- Control versions of translated manuals in development and work with Sr. Technical Manual Writer and Document Control to release final, approved versions in the electronic document management system.
- Upload/download source files and/or PDF files to/from the translation vendor's FTP site.
Project Administration - 50%:
- Change control for label copy projects (i.e., requesting LBL numbers, change request approvals, etc.)
- Works with material suppliers and purchasing to finalize specifications and request quotes.
- Interact with vendors for updates, questions, and issues concerning quotes and invoices.
- Maintain Sharepoint site to reflect the status of each label copy project and monitor deliverables.
Specific Skills and/or knowledge, credentials, or professional certifications:
- Entry Level, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience in Adobe lnDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio preferred.
- Familiarity with The Chicago Manual of Style and/or the Microsoft Manual of Style.
- Excellent workload management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be deadline driven and demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Prior experience in a medical device/FDA regulated environment is preferred.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)