Our client is looking for a Network Analyst to join their team to help with a network and data center integration with subsequent projects possible!
The right candidate will have a few years' experience with managing hardware in a data center along with knowledge in cabling such as installation, types of fiber, types of connectors, and general familiarity with infrastructure. Must also have familiarity with network support.
This role can sit in the Houston, TX area or in the Pittsburgh, PA area and will be mostly on-site with minimal remote work available.
Duration: 6 months confirmed, possibly 12 months
Pay: DOE - this is considered an entry level position
Must Have - Required Skills:
- 1+ years of professional experience as a Data Center Technician
- Experience working with Fiber Optic cables.
- Experience pulling and terminating CAT6 cables
- Basic IT Support experience
- Reliable source of transportation
Nice to Have - Preferred Skills:
- Any experience troubleshooting the following would be welcome:
- Rack UPS, PDU, transfer switches.
- Cisco routers, switches and/or Wireless Controllers
- Checkpoint Firewalls
- Avaya PBX
- Cisco Telephony
- Lync/Skype Telephony
- Datacenter rack assembly.
- Certifications related to role requirements