Job Title: .Net/C# Quality Assurance - Senior SDET
Years of Experience: Senior 6-10 years+
Job type: Contract (1 Year) [Remote during Quarantine]
Start Date: August 2020 (Start ASAP)
End Date: June 2021 (Working on Extension)
Company: Charles Schwab
Location: San Francisco, California 94105
Initial Pay rate: $53.50/hour + (Negotiable/Flexible)
Our client, Charles Schwab, is looking for a highly experienced Automation QA Tester with hands-on experience developing, testing, and deploying web services using .Net or C# and Test Project Management or QA Lead experience. This role requires the individual to write automation code in Selenium WebDriver with Ruby for the corresponding ATDD.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (Jenkins would be fine) would be a great plus. If possible we would prefer bamboo as that is what we actually use, though anything similar is also fine.
- Gherkin format (for Cucumber specifications) would be a big plus for us. A lot of our features are tested using the Gherkin format, though we still do other forms of traditional testing (like unit testing/smoke/etc.). Gherkin is a Business Readable, Domain Specific Language. Gherkin serves two purposes: serving as your project's documentation and automated tests
- Knowledge of C#, but Java is fine. Also being comfortable with learning and actively working with C# would also be acceptable as that is our primary language for our services.
- Understanding Backend RESTful operations/interfaces and how to test/debug external services in an application ecosystem.
- Understanding of SOAP services and how to test/work with them.
- Has worked with Angular or a similar front end technology and is comfortable making front end changes.
- Financial knowledge is not really required, but would be helpful
- Has interests learning and implemented new technologies
- Strong at communicating between internal and external (to Schwab) teams.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Implement test practices, standards and processes, troubleshoot test issues, record test results, track and prioritize defects, participate in product readiness and release decisions.
- Make sure the automation is constantly running and being analyzed, reporting on failure promptly.
- Be effective in participating at program, project and product related levels.
- Participate in technical governance and help negotiate overall product quality standards with development and business teams.
- Define and execute both the project and release level Test Strategies, Test Plans and Test Cases/Scripts which span across multiple, internal QA Product Teams.
Coordinate test execution with external vendors, as applicable, according to Retail Web Trading standards.
- Work with the QA Manager to research, investigate, implement and train other QA Testing Resources in the areas of Agile Testing Practices, Test Driven Development, Testing Automation and managing Testing Metrics for publication to Upper Management.
- Accountable for project/product based testing efforts across multiple applications (including End to End Test efforts).
- Act as the escalation point for all testing related issues, provide the QA perspective, status reporting and escalate issues to responsible stakeholders, as well as insure standard, and consistent, QA processes are followed.
- Work with assigned Product Teams, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to compose and manage integrated project plans, testing schedules, metrics and provide project and release status updates to all levels of management.
- Coordinate with team members for testing activities, participating in Requirements Ambiguity, & Use Case / User Story Reviews, and conduct QA analysis & test support activities.
- Work cross-organizationally both within Schwab and with external vendors, both on and offshore to define environment requirements, identify QA-related tools, develop and execute QA process and testing best practices.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)