Microsoft Security & Compliance Engineer
18 months contract
All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on W2.
Location: Irvingg, TX or Charlotte, NC (currently these roles are remote due to Covid-19. All candidates must be able to return to the office in Charlotte or Irving when needed).
Looking for a customer focused, analytical, and high energy candidate to join our team who will be responsible for delivering onboarding support services to customers, with a focus in Security and Compliance. The Onboarding Engineer will handle the technical aspects of onboarding customers and partners to the Microsoft cloud with a focus on Azure Active Directory (AAD), Azure Information Protection (AIP), Microsoft 365 Defender, Microsoft Cloud App Security, Microsoft Defender / Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), Microsoft Defender for Identity, Microsoft Information Governance (MIG), Microsoft Information Protection (MIP) and Microsoft Intune. This need is to provide guidance, knowledge, and direction for deploying security protection, this goes beyond just management of security need to have core concepts for deployment. As the technical consultant you will drive the technical execution and security discussion. Key business metrics & responsibilities will include:
- Execute and lead customers & partners thru the onboarding process by providing remote guidance and following best practices in Security and Compliance.
- Utilize your demonstrated technical skills and leadership to assist with resolution of issues and removing any adoption blockers
- Assist customers and partners with configuration of onboarding tools and processes
- Analyze, develop, and communicate key onboarding process and technology improvement feedback for the development/engineering teams in order to enhance the entire deployment cycle
- Develop, foster, and maintain effective working relationships with various groups within the organization including engineering, account teams, enterprise services\support, and partner teams to deliver key business metrics
Typical task breakdown:
· Strong communication skills to effectively drive recommendations and establish priorities across various customers, partners, senior executives, and organization boundaries
· Team player and collaborator with excellent follow up and documentation skills. Must be able to work and develop a positive relationship with customers of various size and complexity
· Self-driven engaging individual with a proven history of demonstrated technical skills and leadership.
· Ability to determine root cause of technical issues either on own or in a collaborative scenario. Strong problem-solving skills are necessary
· Knowledge of cloud-based technologies and able to explain why cloud computing is transforming positive change across industries
· Must be able to manage time effectively and accurately maintain a weekly schedule of customer engagements
· Must be comfortable with ambiguity and open to change while striving for clarity to drive positive business impact
Each week can vary- one week could be spent doing 50% learning and research and the following week could be 30% research and learning. Majority of the day will be working alongside Customers.
High interaction- assigned mentor.
- Hands-on experience deploying Active Directory, DNS, SCCM, Group Policy, PowerShell. ADFS and Identity.
- Security concepts utilized with Microsoft technologies, Data Loss Protection (DLP), labels (sensitivity vs retention), Governance policies, Anti-Virus and Identification.
- Windows Server administrative experience, including one or more of the following: Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2
- Microsoft Exchange Server experience, including one or more of the following: Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016. And Exchange specific experience should include an understanding of mail transport protocols (POP/IMAP/SMTP), DNS records (CNAME, MX, SPF), Message Tracing, Malware/Spam Filtering, and networking fundamentals
- Working experience administering mobile devices on one or more of these platforms: Android, iOS, Blackberry, or Windows Mobile. Experience with one or more of these MDM platforms is preferred: AirWatch, Intune, Mobile Iron
- Proven experience configuring mail clients (Outlook Desktop, mobile clients) and trouble-shooting connectivity
- Windows Desktop OS experience: Windows 7, 8.1, and/or Windows 10. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 or 2016 is also recommended
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues up through tier 2
- Above all - the desire and ability to learn is key, and more important than previous experience with a long list of technologies. Passion for Security and Compliance
Nice to haves
- ADFS, IIS, SCCM, Network Firewall experience. Microsoft Cloud technologies: Azure Active Directory, Office 365
- Microsoft Office Suite Deployment
- SharePoint and Skype for Business Administrative experience
- MacOS experience
- Mailbox migration experience with GroupWise and/or Lotus Notes
- Microsoft certifications: MCSA Office 365 or MCSA/MCSE in another discipline
Review this link - Microsoft 365 licensing guidance for security & compliance - Service Descriptions | Microsoft Docs
Depth of knowledge is more critical than years of experience
At Experis, we give our consultants the opportunity to earn some of the most comprehensive benefits in the industry. Along with competitive pay, benefits may include medical, dental and vision insurance, holiday and vacation pay, life insurance, 401(k), and referral bonuses We've got the right opportunity. Tell us why you're the right person. Apply today!