Our client is a leading global supplier of reliable, high quality electronic
Components and solutions for over 65 years, and we are seeking a Market Director, Communications for their Dallas office.
The Market Directors possess motivating personalities, excellent project management skills, and in close collaboration with Product Line Management and Worldwide Sales, drives organic growth through new product definition and introduction, maximizing component content of sales in every possible opportunity, penetrating under-serviced applications and focusing on opportunities with high probability success rates.
I. ROLE DESCRIPTION:
The Market Director, Communications, is responsible for revenues and profitability of all products sold to customers that are classified as being active in the Communications market. The Market Director is expected to achieve higher than market growth rates together with increasing profitability within the Communications market segment.
The Market Director leads a team of globally located Field Applications Engineers in order to identify opportunities and applications which provide high growth and high profitability prospects that fit the organizations capabilities and strategies. A key objective is to identify prosperous trends, through discovery and market research, for which the organization can develop new products and solutions, differentiated from what is available in the marketplace by satisfying valuable unmet needs. New product content of sales is an important measurable.
The Market Director, in close collaboration with Product Line Management and Worldwide Sales, drives organic growth through new product definition and introduction, maximizing component content of sales in every possible opportunity, penetrating underserviced applications and focusing on opportunities with high probability success rates.
II. DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Direct, lead and coordinate all market segment activities within the Communications segment.
2. Lead, develop and manage global FAE team in conducting discovery, identifying new product opportunities, developing solutions, advocating solutions and achieving design-in objectives.
3. Identify high potential opportunities and applications that align with the organizations capabilities and strategies.
4. Achieve higher than average market revenue growth and increasingly higher profitability for all product lines of the organization with customers within the Communications market.
5. Continually review share performance of all products lines in the market segment.
6. Develop direct marketing strategies specific to the Communications market segments through the use of appropriate contemporary marketing tools.
7. Work with Product and Sales Management to define, prioritize, establish, maintain and monitor key activities and deliverables for the market segment in each region.
8. Identify and document product line enhancement requirements and opportunities, define associated benefits and work with Product Management to determine the target cost as well as current development priorities.
9. Work with Sales to define and maintain the "positioning statement" and value propositions and ensure all marketing and sales teams are properly trained on the message and offered solutions.
10. Effectively work with market communications staff to plan and schedule marketing activities.
11. Work with sales, customers, partners and prospects to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing materials in supporting the sales process and conveying the intended message.
12. Monitor and report marketing expenses and marketing results against plan and forecast and propose revisions to the plan and budget as required.
13. Develop and establish partners with external customers, regulatory organizations and networks within industry organizations so as to anticipate and meet current and future needs.
14. Build and maintain strong alliances with technology driving chip set manufacturers to discover trends and achieve reference designs.
15. Identify and schedule appropriate opportunities for speaking engagements and conference presentations to be delivered personally or by other senior team members.
16. Provide quarterly market segment updates to Executive Management.
17. Establish meaningful measureable goals for direct reports and continually review performance, recommend pay increases, disciplinary actions and other personnel actions.
Ill. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Demonstrates independence, resourcefulness and ability to self-motivate.
Demonstrates strong results oriented management skills, assumes leadership and delegates effectively.
Exhibits accountability and asserts accountability on others.
Exhibits ability to organize, prioritize and trade off.
Develops and maintains strong relationships with customers and internal departments.
Possesses strong work ethics and cultural sensitivity.
Is flexible and able to work in a fast paced environment with frequent travel.
ORAL: Excellent oral communication skills required to deliver cutting-edge technologies to customers. Must communicate efficiently and articulate value propositions convincingly.
WRITTEN: Excellent written communication skills required for successful execution of all marketing programs within the market segment.
V. SCHEDULING AND PLANNING:
Must be able to schedule and organize time efficiently to complete tasks and manage projects to successful conclusion.
VI. BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION: Technical education to a Masters degree level (preferred).
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Experience and working knowledge of the Communications
Market with electronic / electromechanical components. Experience leading, directing and motivating a global market team.
OTHER SKILLS: Strong organizational and project management skills with demonstrated ability to devise and implement a market growth strategy and analyze and identify market trends.
VII. EQUIPMENT OPERATED:
Standard personal computer and office software such as MS/Word, MS/Excel, MS/PowerPoint and MS/Project.
IX. WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Extensive world travel required
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)