Experis Engineering looking for a Maintenance Technician for 3rd shift. Direct hire/perm, positions. Location is Lexington, NC. 3rd shift 8pm-6:30am (four 10s). Will work a lot of hours/OT and ½ days Saturday. Relocation assistance.
Responsible for performing repairs and preventive maintenance of facility equipment and machinery to maintain optimal uptime of production equipment. May perform wiring, plumbing, electrical/mechanical maintenance repair, and installation. Troubleshooting motors, motor controls, electrical circuits. You will effectively communicate and provide training or technical support to the maintenance team in these areas.
What you will be doing:
- Provide safe and timely mechanical and electrical support.
- Will focus on PM on 3rd shift
- Create & manage job assignments, preventive maintenance schedule, TPM events, and maintenance work orders.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, replace and install electrical DC controls and AC controls
- Power distribution troubleshooting and electrical installations
- Drive improvements to equipment controls, design, and work with a team to implement
- Develop, create and keep current all electrical documentation.
- Ethernet I/O troubleshooting and setup
- Identify and implement equipment electrical safety control installation, repair, and troubleshooting
- Work from complicated drawings, blueprints, worksheets, and other related documents.
- Advanced mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of manufacturing and facility equipment.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Orders supplies and repair items as necessary.
- Recommends and lays out, wires, builds, and troubleshoots electrical panels and/or other machinery to NFPA/NEC standards.
- Set up and operate equipment being used to make and repair parts. Examples would be a lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts
- Provides leadership, training, and assistance to lower level technicians.
- Follow and comply with all safety standards including Lock Out, Electrical Arc Flash, Fall Protection, etc.
Here's a summary of who we're seeking:
- Must be able to use trade math with drawings & use precision measuring instruments
- Office PC skills (Excel) and specific software (CMMS) involving technical skills knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, electrical systems.
- Understanding of spare part inventory process
- Experience with AC, DC, VFD, Flux, Vector, Servo and Stepper motor and drive.
- Ability to work independently.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)