Works with moderate work direction, and can identify issues/problems but may need assistance in resolving. Worker performs chemical, biological, physical, and/or mechanical analyses and tests required for research, development, or quality control of processes and products. Assists with compiling, analyzing, interpreting, and documenting results. Ability to follow procedures and methods and to work well on a self-directed team is required. Good mechanical aptitude and skills as well as experience and specific training in inspection procedures and/or the product line are required. Experience in a lab or technical environment is preferred. Must be computer literate with good communication and time management skills.
- Prepare adhesive formulations by mixing polymers with inorganic fillers by precisely weighing ingredients and following an established mixing procedure.
- Fabricate prototypes, prepare samples, acquire data. Record, analyze and report the product properties and performance following the established test standards correctly and accurately.
- Actively engage in improving quality of samples and test methods.
- Set up laboratory equipment and running experiments.
- Keeping accurate records in a laboratory notebook. Communicating results in both oral and written forms.
Completed at least one (1) semester of a post high school degree program from an accredited college or university or three (3) years of company experience as a technician in lieu of the above education requirements
- Currently enrolled or graduated from a Bachelors level degree program at an accredited university with a declared major in an engineering field, chemistry, physics or a related discipline, having completed the Freshman year (minimum 2 semesters of university curriculum).
- Current overall cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
- Applicant must be comfortable working with chemicals in a laboratory environment.
- Internship or other work experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
Experience with the Microsoft suite of computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and database tools, development and manipulation
Core Hours: 8am 4pm or 9am 5 pm
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)