Looking for a Lab Technician in Trumbull, CT!
6 Month Contract (with possible extension)
Laboratory Technician for the Personal Cleansing Global Design Team
Our design team is responsible for the global development of Company's personal cleansing brands. As a lab technician, you will be responsible for assisting in the formulation development of new global innovations. Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Following process instructions to formulate various cleansing formulations.
- Maintaining a laboratory notebook which captures formulation details, processing steps, and time/temperature notes for the duration of each formulation batch.
- Communicate to team members on lab results.
- Managing the laboratory inventory of raw materials (surfactants, acids, bases, etc) ensuring the lab area is appropriately stocked.
- Filling, labeling, and organizing stability samples for product quality testing.
- Filling, labeling and shipping prototype samples for consumer testing.
- Maintaining a clean and safe laboratory work area while adhering to safety protocols and COVID protocols.
- Analyzing product attributes including pH, viscosity, rheology, density, appearance, and color.
- Flexibility and open mindedness in achieving objectives is required
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelors in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- At least 2 years of laboratory experience (college level or professional)
- Ability to work well in teams and demonstrate the ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to work independently, have strong technical, problem solving, communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with laboratory skills including:
o Acid base titrations
o Making solutions
o pH measurements
o Basic laboratory equipment; hot plates, heating mantles, mixing units, etc
o Viscosity and rheology measurements
- Intermediate computer skills
o Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint proficiency required
- Employee must be able to occasionally lift up to 35lbs
- Employee must be able to be on their feet for a significant portion of the day
- Must be proficient in English
- Must have experience communicating lab results
- Employee must wear a mask and safety glasses at all times while in the building
- Employee must follow all local COVID guidelines