Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
We are looking for an electrical engineer with experience in board-level circuit design (including concept design, parts selection, schematic capture, PCB layout, analysis, test, etc.) in one or more of the following areas:
- High-speed digital electronics
- FPGA design
- Power electronics
- Analog electronics
- RF electronics
- Antenna design
You will be responsible for hardware designs from concept through production, including block diagrams, part selection, schematic design, PCB layout and routing, analysis, manufacturing (interfacing with contract manufacturers), test, qualification, and in-orbit support.
The successful candidate will also present engineering design review materials to our customers and executive team, as well as participate in proposal-writing efforts. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited university or institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of industry or university research experience in board-level electronics design in one or more of the areas mentioned above; more experienced candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- In-depth understanding of electrical engineering concepts and fundamentals.
- Proficiency in electronics design (EDA) tools such as Altium or Cadence.
- Experience with PCB layout.
- Experience with SPICE-based circuit simulation.
- Experience with physics simulation tools such as Ansys or ADS.
- Hands-on experience with lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, electronic loads, and signal generators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred experience includes:
- Military, aerospace, or automotive electronics design and qualification.
- Worst-case circuit analysis, failure method and criticality analyses, and reliability analysis.
- Programming (C/C++, Python, MATLAB, etc.).
- EMI/EMC design and mitigation techniques.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)