Engineering Lead (2nd Shift)
Location: Corona, CA (92880)
Schedule: 2nd shift 1:30pm - 9:30pm, Overtime required (weekends)
Supports new product development initiatives within the plant through the design and development of new HMI controls for new processing equipment and supports improvement initiatives on existing products. Supports Engineers, shop floor technicians by assisting in trouble shooting equipment problems and lend technical support for automated manufacturing processes and equipment. Repair electronic components and controls. Responsibilities include but not limited to: Conduct vital technology research and provide recommendations and/or installs and configures new hardware and software.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong PLC equipment maintenance/troubleshooting
- Recommend improvement initiatives to increase up time on equipment.
- Resolve related problems, exercising good technical judgment in planning and organizing hands-on efforts.
- Solve and lend technical support for automated manufacturing processes and equipment
- Assess available options for technology and equipment throughout various areas of manufacturing operations.
- Plan facility improvements for effective equipment utilization and product processing.
- Support lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, and participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Participate on project teams as required.
- Create and maintain hardware documentation for all automation equipment.
- Evaluate and test new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and established guidelines.
- Strong PLC/HMI troubleshooting
- 120VAC/480VAC electrical troubleshooting required
- Maintain and control current back up programs for all control processors and HMI's for the plant.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Must have experience in 120VAC/480VAC electrical troubleshooting
- Knowledge of PLC systems and Systems Control Technologies, including in depth knowledge of Siemens, RSLogix , RSLinx, RSView, DeviceNet, Ethernet, and other network based I/O systems
- Ability to prioritize and interpret work requests and work orders
- Ability to organize, plan and schedule preventative and ongoing maintenance work to avoid disruption of production operations
- Ability to develop training material and provide training to management, maintenance technicians and users
- Minimum intermediate computer skills required (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to lift 50lbs
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Manufacturing Safety knowledge
- Ability to work flexible schedules when required, which may include weekends and holidays.
- Proficient computer skills MS Office, Outlook
- Skills with machine welders, roll forming machines/end forming machines)