Title: Database Architect
Duration: 6 month(s) Contract Possibility of Extension.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT - The location can be SLC, Durham, or Boston
Fidelity Talent Source is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Power BI Systems Analyst to work at Fidelity Investments in Westlake, TX!
The Purpose of Your Role
- You will be part of a tremendously talented and diverse software development team responsible for building and maintaining multiple environments.
- The Application DBA will be expected to be accountable for project level database deliverables and provide database design, maintenance and production support.
- This person will use their DBA technical knowledge to translate the project requirements by designing and implementing the appropriate database technology solution.
- You must be comfortable working in a fast paced, pressured and highly ambiguous environment with emerging technologies and high business risks.
The Expertise We're Looking For:
- BS or higher education in Computer Science, Software Engineering or IT-oriented degree program.
- 6+ years admin experience, preferably in a DB Admin/Design and DB DevOps.
- In depth hands-on experience of the concepts, architecture, data modeling, design and administration of NoSQL and relational databases that would include MongoDB and MariaDB.
- Experience in installing and configuring databases along with security, performance tuning, backup, replication, monitoring and trouble shooting.
- Familiarity and awareness of implementing and supporting databases in an AWS Cloud Infrastructure environment.
- Strong technical, data modeling, analysis and design abilities in both NoSQL and relational database technologies.
- Financial Services experience and ability to understand the product and business value of the Application DBA technical lead role.
- Experience with DB patching and backup strategies.
- Experience with caching software such as Redis.
- Experience with Data Dog performance monitoring software.
- Experience with Database automation tools like Redgate, Flyway e
- Experience with ALM tools like Stash, Jenkins, uDeploy, Artifactory, Concourse would be a plus
The Skills You Bring:
- You are an experienced technical DBA who can analyze and implement database technology infrastructure solutions with minimal supervision required and demonstrate the technical aptitude to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues quickly.
- You have the ability to collaborate well with your team members and influence your technology peers
- You demonstrate the aptitude to learn new technologies and communicate the business value of a new technology solution
- You can evaluate, design and implement project database design solutions
- The Value You Deliver
- Implement database technology solutions that meet the business requirements within the agreed upon timeframes.
- Perform application database administration functions including database performance tuning, database application design, physical data modeling, and environment support
- Engage with Technology Engineering and Infrastructure groups to plan and manage changes into the production environment
- Triage and resolve database technical issues efficiently whilst mitigating the impact to the business
- Ability to analyze technical database problems and implement solutions and/or workarounds that solve the business problem
- Be the key technical member of the project delivery team