Contract to Hire Opportunity. Only candidates open to relocating to Tampa, Florida will be considered.
The Data Steward function will provide oversight for the use, management, and integrity of the data across its lifecycle. The function will be responsible for governance and oversight of data set in order to improve and maintain the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the data. The team will work closely with business process owners, operations and data custodians in the organization to ensure that corporate data governance processes are followed for their respective subject-areas and domains.
Ideal candidate will have experience acting as a point of accountability for data content and quality that is consumed, processed and distributed.
- Build and improve the data landscape through:
o Identification, registration and mapping with application stack and inbound and outbound systems
o Lineage documentation including mapping of physical data elements to CDEs across system data flow
o Assessment and validation of data quality dimensions and control environment to understand where in the lineage controls exist and provide transparency into gaps
- A strong understanding of data lifecycle management, data modelling, master data management and carrying out business audits and requirements gathering
- Strong Reference Sata domain knowledge
- Strong preference for financial services industry experience
- Strong understanding of the business requirements that drive data quality, translating those requirements into quality rules for execution in the data flow.
- Experience within a data governance program with knowledge of data governance practices
- Data analysis skills with the capability of identifying data quality issues and correlating those issues with data specifications and quality rules