Data Center Engineering Technician
**Schedule: 12 hour shifts - 3 day week, then 4 day week***
- This position serves as a technical resource to support the Company within its owned and operated data centers.
- The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations.
- The Data Center Engineer Technician, Shift Engineer, will be responsible for ensuring the overall operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, and HVAC equipment within the Data center. This equipment supports mission-critical servers and must maintain better than 99.999% up time.
- The Data Center Engineering Technician will continue to maintain high reliability and performance while keeping operating costs in facilities at a minimum, the engineer will drive innovation to reduce operational costs.
- The Data Center Shift Engineers are the Company's front line when it comes to hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting.
- They will maintain, operate, and troubleshoot, Data Center Operation's Mission Critical Facilities, which includes stand-by diesel generators and related fuel systems, 3 phase electrical systems that include but not limited to switchgear, UPSs, PDUs, wet cell batteries and associated systems, CRAC, centrifugal chillers, cooling towers/water chemical system, air handlers and associated systems, pumps, & motors.
- Supervise contractors who perform servicing or preventive maintenance.
- Perform limited maintenance tasks including: filter changes, battery system PMs, and Rack PDU & Rack ATS replacements.
- Assist in performing root cause analysis for operational issues. · Perform first level trouble-shooting for facility and rack level events. · Ensure all personnel on site utilize proper safety methodology.
- Work on-call and a rotating schedule when required. · Take daily operational readings and provide to Senior Engineers for metrics reporting. · Perform basic support concepts such as ticketing systems, root cause analysis, and task prioritization.
- Work shifts longer than eight hours in duration.
- Respond to off hour emergency calls.
- Bachelor's Degree or Technical (Military/ Trade School) Degree and relevant experience.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
- Electrical or mechanical operational experience within critical facilities; therefore, experience in nuclear/coal/natural gas/waste energy power plants, semi-conductor fabricators, hospitals, or pharmaceutical industry would be a must.
- 4+ years of Data Center Engineering Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Hands-on HVAC equipment service, troubleshooting and repair experience
- Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as low voltage (copper/ fiber) cabling.
- Walk job sites in uneven terrain.
- Work at heights and from ladders.
- Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or craw.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 49 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 50 pounds or more.
- Carry objects weighing up to 49 pounds for short distances
- Maintain balance and perform construction tasks while on a ladder
- Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment · Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
- Bend or twist the body into unusual positions while working
- Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
- Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects
- Apply muscular force quickly to objects and equipment
- Push or pull heavy objects into position
- Work in a noisy environment
- Work at depths, such as under raised floors