The Critical Facilities Engineer is accountable for design, modification, operating parameters, maintenance programs, operational/maintenance procedures, efficiency, and effectiveness of the facilities systems assigned. Additionally, responsible for operational analysis and reporting related to assigned facility systems. The CFE can be assigned as a project manager over small facility related projects. Responsibilities include:
- Design and modification of facility systems within area of expertise.
- Provide operational parameters, maintenance tasks and periodicities, and best practices for facility systems assigned.
- Provides analysis of operational data to monitor efficiency and effectiveness of assigned systems. Develops, trends, and analyzes various facility metrics (KPIs, spares usage, system costs, etc.)
- Provides procedures for operation, maintenance, and upset conditions of assigned systems.
- Project management over facilities projects as assigned.
- Assists in the training of facilities personnel on their assigned systems.
- Develops business case studies and cost proposals, as required
- Provides oversight of facilities systems or equipment procurement process and tracking
- Provides technical expertise and assistance to customers in assigned areas
· Assigned facilities systems are at maximum designed reliability, availability, and working at maximum efficiency and effectiveness· Facility system data is being translated into useful and valid information· Assigned facilities systems have full documentation, procedures, and maintenance programs· Assigned projects are finished on time, within projected costs, and meet all client expectations· Works with others team members to exceed customer expectations.· Works with Project Managers to support technical issues on their projects· Troubleshoots and assesses facilities as required· Provides suggestions for continuous improvements resulting in higher reliability and reduced costs
Practical application of engineering skills in area of study and experience. Must be able to design and implement changes in a strict critical environment.
Project management on a small or medium size project basi
Troubleshooting and forensic analysis of facilities system
Understanding and implementation of Reliability Centered Maintenance programs or equivalent
Data analysis into useful and valuable information tailored to client and operational needs.
Customer relationship building
Understanding and implementation of risk mitigation processes
Understanding the development, trending, and analysis of engineering and financial metrics.
- Multi-variant and complex statistical analysis experience
- Computer aided engineering modeling in area of expertise
- CAD experience
Education or Equivalent Experience:
Bachelor of Science degree in engineering discipline
- 3 year experience in critical environments
- 1 year supervisory or project management or vendor management experience
Desired:1-3 years statistical analysis in a critical facilities environment
- Professionally Licensed Engineer (PE) in state of hire