- The Controls Engineer role will provide expertise in robotic electrical controls design and implementation.
- Work with the sales team to provide custom controls designs which meet the requirements of our customers.
- Improve and upgrade existing control systems as required by changing technology and increasing complexity of product mix.
- Develop embedded software for specified products.
Overview of Primary Expectations
- Performs conceptual design of packaging machinery and systems controls, including component selection, system integration, programming and development of product documentation
- Supports equipment sales by translating marketing specifications and customer needs into cost effective control solutions that meet internal and external requirements
- Write PLC and HMI code for packaging machinery using Allen Bradley
- Write structured text robotic code for palletizer lines
- Works with suppliers to properly specify components, investigate new technology and procure parts/systems for prototype projects
- Interacts with field service technicians and production to validate control designs and address improvements
- Train technicians and production as necessary to support new designs
- Travel to customer sites as required to support installations and resolve customer issues that service techs cannot resolve on their own
- Efficiently and accurately create software for Robotic Palletizers
- Design control panels for various machines
Education and Experience Requirements
- 2-year Automated Systems and Robotics Degree required.
- 4-year degree in Electrical Engineering or related field strongly preferred
- 3-8 years' experience with controls design, robotic programming, HMI programming, variable speed drive and servo control.
- Experience with Solidworks and/or AutoCAD a plus.
- Ability to travel approximately 15%.
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)