Our Minneapolis area client has an outstanding opening for a Controls Engineer. This role is perfect for a more seasoned Controls engineer that is looking to take his skills and experience to the next level of challenge and career advancement. Our client offers the tools needed for this candidate to be successful in their role as well as strategic vision for long term growth. This is a booming company that offers that stability every candidate is looking for in the market.
If you are interested and fit the background needed for the role. Apply today, this company is ready to hire tomorrow!
Skillset needed for success:
- Design Cost Effective Control Systems for custom machinery including hardware design, programming, safety analysys and technical documentation.
- Web Handling - this is crucial for this role, if you have this background you will be immensely successful in this role.
- Proficient in the design of electrical control systems for industrial machinery including power distribution, PLC configuration and machine safety.
- Experience with Electrical Schematics, Bills of Materials, Process and Instrumentation Diagrams.
- Extensive experience with PLC programming on a variety of platforms.
- Trouble Shooting
- Familiarity with standards relevant to industrial machinery including including NFPA79, UL508A, NEC, EN ISO 13849 and IEC/EN 62061
- Experience configuring and programming Industrial Robots
- Basic understanding of computer networking, TCP/IP, and industrial fieldbus architectures such as Ethernet I/P.
- Familiarity with multiple IEC 61131-3 programming languages (Ladder Logic, Function Block Diagram, Structured Text, Sequential Function Chart, Instruction List)
- Experience with an Electrical Engineering CAD program, such as Solidworks Electrical, AutoCAD Electrical, ePlan, or similar product.
- 3+ Years relevant industry experience
Degree Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering