This position is internal stakeholder-facing with an emphasis on ensuring safety & construction efficiency with an emphasis on reducing construction duration and cost, and developing scope to achieve overall project success leading the team delivering a complex multiple site project. Exhibit leadership in the Transmission Construction Management organization through superior knowledge, management ability, innovation, and coaching/mentoring. Demonstrate the capacity to relate and communicate this expert knowledge to others by creating, reviewing, and vetting project Constructability Review packages in a highly collaborative fashion. Willingness to advance Transmissions goal to integrate construction methodology and planning into scoping activities from project inception to reduce costs and construct Transmission facilities safer and faster. Maintain highly effective relationships and communications with various project stakeholders including planning, project management, engineering, TFS, external customers, outage planning, and environmental.Principal Accountabilities:
1. Exhibit an advanced level of knowledge, proficiency, communications, and innovation in managing construction projects from a conceptual stage to completion.
2. Create Constructability Reviews for projects within assigned region and present to execution team before detailed scoping begins. Requires both desktop study and occasional travel to remote parts of the various regions to assess road condition, document needed improvements, propose construction access strategy, and prepare Constructability Review documentation.
3. Evaluate construction access strategy for both Construction and Maintenance of critical infrastructure along Transmission ROW and within Substations & Switching Stations across varying terrain
4. Engage with all project stakeholders during scoping phase. This includes planners, engineering, project management, Field Services, Distribution, Outage Planning, TDC, and external customers if needed.
5. Ensure that a consistent direction for constructability reviews is maintained throughout Transmission to improve the quality of logistics, processes, procedures, format, documentation and timeliness into a standardized or best-practice format, which includes: Continuous process improvement initiatives with all Constructability Leads Stakeholder management and feedback from Project Management, Transmission & Distribution Operations, Construction Management, Transmission Field Services, Executive Transmission Leadership and the RTOs (PJM, MISO, ERCOT, and SPP).
6. Ensure that ALL Constructability Reviews are created with safety, efficiency and economics in mind.
7. Communicate with Transmission Leadership regarding regional construction method improvements, updates, and initiatives. Provide monthly reports on overall constructability development to CM leadership.
8. Develop and maintain an improved relationship and communications with strategic contractor partners. This includes attending some of our contractor training events and meeting with local contractor leadership
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)