Constructability Lead-Electric Utility Substation Construction
This is a 12+ month contract/consultative position with a large Utility and Energy Company. Provide Constructability management services and control for electric line substation construction. Bachelors degree in Engineering or Construction Sciences.
This position is internal stakeholder-facing with an emphasis on ensuring safety & construction efficiency with an emphasis on reducing construction duration and cost, and developing scope to achieve overall project success leading the team delivering a complex multiple site project.
Exhibit leadership in the Transmission Construction Management organization through superior knowledge, management ability, innovation, and coaching/mentoring. Demonstrate the capacity to relate and communicate this expert knowledge to others by creating, reviewing, and vetting project Constructability Review packages in a highly collaborative fashion. Willingness to advance Transmission's goal to integrate construction methodology and planning into scoping activities from project inception to reduce costs and construct Transmission facilities safer and faster. Maintain highly effective relationships and communications with various project stakeholders including planning, project management, engineering, TFS, external customers, outage planning, and environmental.
- Exhibit an advanced level of knowledge, proficiency, communications, and innovation in managing construction projects from a conceptual stage to completion.
- Create Constructability Reviews for projects within assigned region and present to execution team before detailed scoping begins.
- Evaluate construction access strategy for both Construction and Maintenance of critical infrastructure along Transmission ROW and within Substations & Switching Stations across varying terrain amidst utility company's 11-State territory.
- Engage with all project stakeholders during scoping phase. This includes planners, engineering, project management, Field Services, Distribution, Outage Planning, TDC, and external customers if needed.
- Ensure that a consistent direction for constructability reviews is maintained throughout electric Transmission to improve the quality of logistics, processes, procedures, format, documentation and timeliness into a standardized or best-practice format, which includes: Continuous process improvement initiatives with all Constructability Leads Stakeholder management and feedback from Project Management, Transmission & Distribution Operations, Construction Management, Transmission Field Services, Executive Transmission Leadership and the RTO's (PJM, MISO, ERCOT, and SPP).
- Ensure that ALL Constructability Reviews are created with safety, efficiency and economics in mind.
- Communicate with Transmission Leadership regarding regional construction method improvements, updates, and initiatives. Provide monthly reports on overall constructability development to CM leadership.
- Lead presentations and discussions in Semi-annual TCR conferences for your regions.
- Review Capital Project P6 schedules to ensure constructability reviews are developed in a timely manner to support regional scoping goals.
- Conduct site visits as needed with scoping teams or on your own - utilize Spin 360 and other GIS technologies to help plan and evaluate a construction sequence.
- Work closely with outage planners to identify potential hazards and bottlenecks and create plan to remove them or add to risk register for project.
- Taking on special leadership responsibilities and assignments; such as process improvements, Kaizen events, TGIS, OutaGIS, Stakeholder Mapping, Lean Initiatives, etc.
- Attend/call in to the monthly construction superintendents meeting to coordinate best practices and keep in touch with what is happening in the field and identify any issues that could be avoided by adding to constructability plan.
- Work with regional material management leaders to identify potential constraints in material flows to a particular project and include in Constructability Review.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Safety or related field and 6 years' experience of overseeing/directing transmission and distribution station construction and/or transmission line construction work; or ABET accredited Associate degree in electrical, construction management, safety, civil engineering technology or related field of study and 10 years' experience in overseeing/directing transmission and distribution station construction and/or transmission line construction work; or high school graduate or equivalent with 12 years of direct experience as a company/contractor line or station field employee or Construction Rep.
EXPERIENCE: Related experience is defined as involvement with transmission overseeing/directing transmission and distribution station construction and/or transmission line construction work. A thorough knowledge of the transmission system, from a design and operation perspective; AND, experience within transmission engineering, and/or construction management is desired to fulfill responsibilities of this job.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)