Clinical Project Manager II
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Contract Length: 10 month contract (with possibility for extension)
Description: Based in Bridgewater, NJ, the project manager will work collaboratively across the key service lines for our North American organization. We are a fast-paced organization providing key business operations support for Procure to Pay, Account to Report, Customer Invoice to Cash and Employee Services. The project manager will have a focus on delivering projects related to BPO transition / Internal Customer projects and will also contribute to other key transverse projects that span the different delivery towers within our company.
The PMO is a dynamic team that plays a vital role in delivering value-added projects that improve operational efficiency. This role will provide the candidate an opportunity to gain valuable business acumen and allow for diverse interactions across the business. The project manager may also be required to provide Change Management support in various projects as needed. Responsible for coordinating activities and resources in support of projects that impact multiple departments, systems, or work-flows with moderate and complexity.
- Participate in transverse business unit project teams representing the interests of SBS, acting as a designee to provide status updates, escalate critical issues, scope changes or milestone changes as necessary.
- Establish project planning sessions and provide updates to senior SBS management via regular dashboard updates and related documentation.
- Create critical project documentation: project charter, business case and dashboard for updates to ensure there is a well-crafted plan that provides business value and can be measured against.
- Provide succinct, regular project status updates following the SBS PM Methodology and SBS standard practices.
- Coordinate project testing activities for projects that include a software deliverable or interaction with key project milestones (i.e. User Acceptance Testing, System Integration Testing, or others as defined by the project.
- Organize and coordinate relevant training, awareness or other change management related sessions or communications as part of planning.
- Support post go-live key activities through a hypercare to ensure transition to routine business operations.
- Execute a post project lessons learned to ensure project team input is collected and compiled and reviewed with SBS leadership prior to providing a summary of the findings to the project stakeholders.
- Partner with IT on projects to and develop relationships with key SME's to ensure projects have proper technical requirements defined, coordinate implementation timelines and ensure proper support is in place once a project has gone live.
- Assist the Lead, Portfolio Management as necessary for providing updates to the Project Portfolio Management tool updating project details including budget, scope, resources or generating reports on our entire portfolio of critical projects.
- Provide support and training to personnel from various functional areas in the program/project governance process and the use of PMO documents and tools
- Agility to work in a global or regional environment with multiple projects where flexibility is a must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, adaptable for teams and executive audiences.
- Results orientated mindset and ability to work independently or on teams.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, soliciting feedback from co-workers and asking questions and raising the flag whenever a potential concern arises.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to quickly summarize a status in the style of an elevator pitch for senior leaders, be brief and focus on the key update they need to know.
- Technical writing expertise for project related documentation. Proven background in creating business cases, charters or related documentation as part of a standard PM methodology or approach.
- Collaborative-minded with excellent planning and organization skills.
- Independently action oriented.
- Technical savviness with common Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Strong analytical, data management and data visualization skills.
- Effective negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Effective meeting facilitation skills for cross-functional technical teams.
- Strong analytical skills: possess the ability to analyze problems, identify key issues, develop strategic and tactical solutions, and design metrics to measure business impact.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of project management experience
- Training in PMI principals or Agile methodology
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry with familiarity of GXP principals
- Experience in Change Management (ProSci)
- Experience with Project Portfolio Management tools (i.e. PlanView, Compass, CA PPM or others)
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)