Classic Automotive Technician
- Perform maintenance services such major & minor services, repairs and additional services as necessary consistent with Porsche standards.
- Recommend and perform restoration on but not limited to engines, transmissions and suspension components consistent with Porsche Classic restoration standards.
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisors.
- Ability to explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Read test reports, accompanying map, maintenance and repair orders; find parts and available materials, Synchronize workflow and coordinate vehicle cycle and put together parts and material, visually check for identity and errors
- Define and determine errors and disorders with the use of customary diagnostic tools or PIWIS diagnostic tools: Set the list of repairs and create performance charts, diagnostic, and error reports
- Create and support cost estimates for repairs including labor time and parts
- Plan work procedures, using charts, technical manuals, and check the quality parameters and completeness of the work carried out on the basis of the content of procedures
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
- Monitor and work closely with the Classic Team and PEC Workshop Team to achieve the Porsche Classic and Factory Restoration qualitative and quantitative targets (KPIs). Define plans to improve them if necessary
- Perform care and cleaning work according to the plan or as needed of parts, vehicle or work space
- Perform test drives, correct deficiencies, and perform final inspection of vehicles or the assembly; implement safety procedures
- Maintain necessary training to meet Porsche Classic Standards
- Automotive technical degree preferred
- Porsche Silver Master Technician Certificate
- Porsche Gold Master Technician Certification preferred
- Porsche Classic Technician Certification preferred
- 10 + years Porsche Technician working experience and Classic Porsche Restoration & Repair
- Current in training through the current Classic model year range where applicable and in Porsche Training Certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Fluency in English (oral/written)
- Highly organized, target oriented mindset, works well without close supervision
- Ability to set and meet challenging deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High possession of Porsche passion
- German language a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Classic range of Porsche Vehicles
- Proficient in Porsche special tools, service equipment and PIWIS Diagnostic systems
- Proficient in computer skills
- Experience with CDK software desired
- Porsche Classic vehicles
- Porsche engine and transmission repair
- Porsche Classic interior systems
- Porsche Classic electrical systems
- Porsche Classic suspension systems
- Porsche Classic brake systems
- Full Vehicle Restoration
- Full Vehicle Preservation
- Software based work order management and time tracking
Percentage of requierd travel:
- Ability to travel internationally
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)