Job Title: CLAIMS ADMINISTRATOR
Purpose of Position: To assist in credit and collection activities for the company through the analysis of credit checks and investigation of overdue accounts.
1. MANAGE FREIGHT CLAIMS PROCESS - Ensure that processes and procedures are maintained to process and file claims based on industry rules and regulations established by the Interstate Commerce Commission and the National Motor Freight Classification guidelines.
2. CLAIMS RESOLUTION Working with contract carriers claims representatives, plants, and customers to recover cost associated with freight damage.
3. MONTHLY CLAIMS ANALYSIS Maintain and track financial performance monthly for both filing and collection of claims. Identify problem areas by analyzing the frequency of incidents by carrier, plant, regions and products.
4. NEGOTIATING SETTLEMENT OFFERS Negotiating claims settlement offers with carriers and customers in order to recover the entire amount or the maximum amount for outstanding claims.
5. COORDINATE DISPOSITION PROCESS Provide instructions and guidance to customers on filing claims, contact carriers for inspection, communicate the incident to the Brands and logistics in order to file claims in a timely manner.
6. DOCUMENT CONTROL Develop, implement, and manage the documents, processes and controls of freight claims function to ensure proper compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
Education and/or Experience: Prefer Associates of Arts Degree (A.A.S) in Accounting or Finance, business management, logistics/supply chain from an accredited four-year College or University; and/ or three or more years of related experience and/or training within a manufacturing/plant environment; logistics, claims administration or transportation skills for scheduling shipping and receiving times experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Word, MS PowerPoint Word Processing software. AS400 query knowledge preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)