Change Management Specialist
Are you interested? Please contact Courtney Jaskiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 216-901-8674
- The change manager (CM) plays a key role in ensuring projects (change initiatives) meet objectives by increasing employee adoption and usage.
- This person will focus on the people side of change, including changes to business processes and job roles to prepare them for recovering from a cyber event.
- The primary responsibility will be implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption while minimizing resistance to the change and disruption to business operations.
- The CM will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization of and proficiency with the changes that impact employees. These improvements will increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Organization Behavior, Organization Development, Communications or related field
- Eight (8) or more years of change management experience; Experience as change manager on department or business
- Lead change management implementation activities or change management work stream for change initiatives (may be one or multiple)
- Apply a structured change management process and tools to implement change management strategy and plans
- Assist in developing change management strategy and gain appropriate buy-in and sign-off
- Lead the design, development, delivery and management of stakeholder management plans, communication plans, resistance management plans, engagement plans
- Lead design, development, delivery and management of other change efforts as required based on project including job role mapping, change impacts, training strategy, and executive engagement
- Conduct change assessments as required to define and document change impacts
- Develop, analyze, and report on change readiness assessments
- Identify and document key stakeholders, conduct regular assessment, and report out of stakeholder status by stakeholder groups
- Provide input and support for the design and delivery of training programs
- Develop and manage risk mitigation tactics
- Coordinate efforts with other change management resources as required
- Partner with Corporate Communications, HR, Workforce Readiness, and other enterprise organizations as required
- Track and report change management issues and risks
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)