We are seeking a Calibration/Metrology Technician to join our team in Irvine, CA
Under the direction of the Metrology Supervisor, performs basic to complex calibrations of production, facility, and quality measuring & test equipment. Provide customer service to all Metrology customers including but not limited to scheduling calibration work and processing request forms. Troubleshooting instrumentation and calibration processes and following established calibration methods and procedures. Maintains calibration data and records as required per GMP requirements.
- Maintains, tests and repairs variety of equipment.
- Ensures instruments are calibrated correctly and obtains accurate readings.
- Establishes specific testing procedures based on different detailed drawings and technical specifications.
- Identifies and corrects measurement errors.
- Compiles and records data for each instrument.
- Enters data into calibration database.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
- Perform calibrations, repairs, and verifications to product processing, analytical lab, and measuring and test equipment.
- Prepares the necessary documentation.
- Coordinate calibration/project activities with other departments and outside vendors.
- Organizes and conducts verifications, experiments and calibrations.
- Assists in performing Metrology Quality Audits.
Minimum of 4-5 years experience in calibration.
Experience in the calibration of product processing, analytical laboratory, measuring and test equipment, and calibration standards, preferably in the life science industry.
Candidate must understand metrology concepts, read and follow detailed calibration procedures, basic math, and ability to read and understand drawings, and schematics. Knowledge of basic metrology principals in the mechanical, electrical and physical science.
Computer literate with experience using a Calibration Management Software (Blue Mountain Regulatory Asset Manager preferred), MS Word and Excel, and other equipment specific software.
- Proficiency in computers, databases, word processing and spreadsheets required.
- Company policies and procedures, GMP, FDA, and OSHA regulations.
- Computer applications programs.
- Technical expertise in the Metrology field.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, and documents.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Must have a strong understanding of metrology concepts, read and follow detailed calibration procedures, and ability to read and understand drawings and schematics.
- 5 years experience in the calibration of product processing, analytical lab, and measuring and test equipment and calibration standards.
- Computer literate with experience using a Calibration Management Software.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)