Experis is looking for experienced CAD Drafters in Montgomery, OH!
Prepare clear and complete mechanical HVAC installation drawings from Sheet Metal or Mechanical contractor sketches and plans and process through CAD/CAM system for manufacturing by performing the following duties.
How you will do it:
- Must be capable of reading customer architectural and mechanical plans.
- Uses computer aided drafting (CAD) software to create drawings for customer and manufacturing processes. Drawings are based on designs and sketches provided by engineers or more experienced staff.
- Must be capable of reading and understanding customer requirements in the form of quotations and specifications and applying applicable ESM (CAD) details.
- Must have working knowledge of drafting fundamentals including orthographic views, standard dimensioning practices, scaling plus English and metric units of measure.
- Creates drawings involving checking dimensions of parts, documenting materials to be used, verifying form, fit and function of parts in assemblies.
- Follows direction and is capable of learning ESM drafting & HVAC standards.
- Developing a working knowledge of manufacturing processes, machines and various building materials.
- Processing and converting ESM (CAD) drawing packages through system CNC software for shop fabrication.
- Prepare shop floor bill of materials and paperwork for manufacturing departments.
- Work with scheduling department to plan and manage project releases into production schedules.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 1 to 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Applicants with strong HVAC (ductwork) backgrounds are preferred.
**Contract Position - 12 months+
Apply now for this great opportunity!
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)