If you're really interested, then please share the updated copy of your resume at email@example.com
This is Karan, Senior Recruiter working with Manpower Group - Experis.
Job Title: Buyer
Location: 5030 Corporate Exchange Blvd, Grand Rapids, MI - 49512
Duration: Up to 12 months (high possibility of extensions or contract to hire)
What you will do
0-3 years of Experience. Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors. Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
What you will do
You are responsible for all operational and advanced procurement activities within the given sub-commodities while ensuring compliance with overall objectives, strategies and BOS procedures. You are also responsible for the management of all suppliers within the commodity group.
How you will do it
- Coordination of Program Procurement activities over specific Product Business Units to ensure excellent product launches
- Control and approval of all Program Procurement activities specified in PDP and decisions in line with customer demands and category strategies
- Ensure smooth product launches by controlling the acquisition, sourcing on time, in line with cost book and VSR targets, maintaining procurement results until start of production
- Guarantee financial control over complex, modular programs from phase 0-5 and over lifetime
- Ensure the cost-, quality and time-oriented supply of all required goods, materials, equipment and services under compliance with the respective business plans, budgets and targets
- Initiate and support of proper Make or Buy decisions
- Initiate and support MBBP Activities (incl. VA / VE and Kaizen activities)
- Guarantee compliance with BOS, PDP and POS procedures
- Manage the Suppliers within the given programs (Request for Quotes RFQ, change management, contract negotiations, payment queries, dispute resolutions etc.)
- Support to implement strategies and actions to reduce suppliers, in line with agreed targets
- Support implementation of Global Commodity strategies
- Implement strategies and actions to achieve FY (Fiscal Year) cost reduction goals, including PO-to-PO (Purchasing Order) reductions and rebates
- Support accurate and timely reporting of key measurables
- Improve working capital through optimum payment terms
- Implementation and continuous improvement of standardization activities
- Support and implement diversity strategies
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree with 1-3 years' experience in procurement including buying and managing commodities.
- Ability to gather, relate and summarize information into logical conclusions.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to interact with internal customers and suppliers.
- Highly motivated individual capable of handling multiple responsibilities.
- Demonstrated leadership, organization, planning, administration and team playing skills.
- Requires advanced computer skills with MS Office Suite and the ability to use business systems software.
- Travel up to 10%
I would really appreciate if you can refer or help to someone sharing this job. Have a wonderful day!
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)