Position Summary: Perform procurement activities for Business Unit for advanced level of complexity for project needs and transactional procurement needs for the Corporation. Proficiency in utilizing systems and analytical tools. Assist in negotiation/persuasion with suppliers and Business unit partners to make the best procurement decision. Develop good working relationships with assigned business units by attaining an overall understanding of operating issues and priorities. Assist with advanced level of procurement.
1. Advanced level of procurement of Project and O&M related material and equipment following procurement guidelines.
2. Issue requests for quotations.
3. Analyze bid proposals, negotiate with suppliers on advanced level and award purchase orders.
4. Resolve intermediate level discrepancies, commercial issues, change orders, or cancellations related to purchase orders.
5. Coordinate work with suppliers, Legal, Risk Management and Business Unit partners on commercial issues, terms and conditions and specifications.
6. Assist the Category Management group in supplier management and support the strategic agreement process by utilizing blanket orders when appropriate for projects and facilities.
7. Participate on cross-functional teams for supplier performance evaluations providing feedback to the Category Management group including participation in scorecard meetings and facility visits.
8. Support the material standardization efforts of internal business units including the coordination of material substitutions between supplier and business unit standards group.
9. Participate in facility/construction issues such as outages and schedule requirements and support emergency service restoration as required.
10. Interact with suppliers and expediters to resolve purchase order and delivery issues.
11. Develop an advanced knowledge of the Strategic Sourcing Process and lead teams for sourcing events.
Minimum Requirements: Education: Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics, Inventory Management or similar discipline, or Associates degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics or Inventory Management and two (2) years of procurement experience in buying, contracting, or supply chain, inventory management or logistics or if no degree, three (3) years of experience in buying, contracting, supply chain logistics, inventory management, or business administration.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of experience in buying for a variety of products and/or business units, in addition to any years of experience identified above.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)