A worldwide leader in home and industry paints and coatings is seeking a Buyer to join their team!
The primary result expected from the Buyer will be to procure raw materials or components for use in manufacture of paint and related products by analyzing past buying trends, production records, price, and quality of merchandise to determine value and yield; selecting, ordering, and authorizing payment for merchandise according to contractual agreements, and planning, directing, or coordinating the activities of buyers and related workers involved in purchasing materials, products, and services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Negotiate prices, discount terms and transportation arrangements for merchandise.
- Manage the department for which they buy.
- Confer with sales and purchasing personnel to obtain information about customer needs and preferences.
- Examine, select, order, and purchase at the most favorable price merchandise consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements and other factors.
- Analyze and monitor sales records, trends and economic conditions to anticipate consumer buying patterns and determine what the company will sell and how much inventory is needed.
- Set or recommend mark-up rates, mark-down rates, and selling prices for merchandise.
- Authorize payment of invoices or return of merchandise.
- Interview and work closely with vendors to obtain and develop desired products.
- Conduct staff meetings with sales personnel to introduce new merchandise.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Must possess an Associate's Degree in related field
- 3-5 years' of training and/or on-the-job experience
- Proficiency in SAP software is REQUIRED
This is a Direct Hire opportunity!
Compensation: $65,000 +/- Based on experience
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)