Title: Building Engineer
Location: Westborough, Massachusetts 01581
Duration: 6 months
- General Information Job Description: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or trade school training.
- Universal CFC certification required.
- Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists.
- Requires intermediate analytical skills.
- Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
- Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds. Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance.
- Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
- Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Completes maintenance and repair records as required. Reviews assigned work orders. Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements. Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)