The Branch Manager is a key management position. The manager leads the
sales and operations staff and performs a variety of day-to-day administrative, supervisory and
managerial functions. The Branch Manager serves as a representative in the
Traverse City and Grand Rapids areas and, as such, upholds its reputation for high quality
standards through the delivery of products and services to the community.
While the Branch Manager is primarily called upon as a problem solver and decision maker with
regard to branch operations, this position is also relied upon for input at the corporate level. As
a manager, effectiveness in guiding, leading and coaching the Branch Team as part of the larger Team
is critical to the success of the company. The Branch Manager is a role model for
establishing a consultative, problem solving approach to sales.
Responsibilities, listed in priority order, include but are not limited to the following:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Performance of Managerial Responsibilities - 70%
1. Establish sales/performance goals and projections for branch sales staff and execute
a strategic plan.
a. Monitor and review with staff their sales promotion efforts. Provide Regional Vice President
with summary analysis of the Branch operations.
b. Track the performance of sales team as it relates to Key Performance Indicators.
c. Work with sales representatives on difficult collection problems.
2. Analyze margin and percentage of profit on daily sales reports. Set strategies and plan accordingly
to maintain proactive stance in the marketplace.
3. Analyze market conditions and advise corporate as to the necessary courses(s) of action
to take advantage of opportunities.
a. Work with Marketing Manager and product managers to develop specials with established profit margin potential.
b. Monitor and report to Marketing Manager the outcomes of sales promotions and keep the
appropriate stakeholders abreast of product performance. This includes all pertinent
marketplace information which effect growth, profitability and suggest ways of improving and/or enhancing performance.
c. Analyze market pricing with sales staff and communicate with Supply Chain organization to
4. Monitor and review the profitability of each product line and customer segment.
5. Evaluate and optimize inventory levels. This includes analyzing the inventory mix.
6. Plan and conduct regular and periodic branch meetings.
7. Be proactive in communicating with others in the branch with regard to potential problem situations with customers, branch operations or safety concerns.
8. Report to the Regional Vice President on issues that affect growth, profitability and community status
and suggest ways of improving and/or enhancing performance.
9. Continuously develop customer and supplier relations.
10. Attend Management Team meetings as an active participant in problem solving and decision making
appropriate to the management position held within the organization.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)