Experis is seeking a Buyer, with experience in the range of 3-4 years, to work as a consultant for an automotive client in the Auburn Hills, MI area.
- Responsible for purchasing and negotiation materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors.
- Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
- Will be managing tactical workload while developing & implementing strategies and process improvements.
- Assist with other duties as necessary.
- MUST HAVE 3-4 years' work experience to multi-task, prioritize, adapt, negotiate and manage a project(s) in a purchasing environment (highly preferred experience in automotive, general services, or indirect purchasing).
- Bachelor's in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related degree.
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Power Point, Word) and web-based applications.
- Preferred experience with SAP
- Strong Communication with all levels of management and peers, both internally and externally.
- May be required to drive a company car (Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record).
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally (Canada) 20%
Experis (www.experis.us) delivers professional services in the areas of internal audit and controls, technology risk management, tax, and finance and accounting-related services. The firm's unique, agile structure aligns experienced professionals with proven processes to bring pragmatic and cost-effective project results. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Experis serves financial institutions as well as Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies from offices worldwide. Experis is an independently operated, wholly owned subsidiary of Manpower Group, (NYSE: MAN).
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)