Develops and enhances process automation application for present and future automation projects. Develops and implements, in a timely and cost effective manner, technology to achieve user goals. Provides automation support for existing systems.
What you will do
1. Provides direction to contractors in technical and policy issues. Provides management with recommendations on technical advances to achieve company goals and maximizes productivity.
2. Manages development projects/assignments, which requires creativity to analyse situations and develop appropriate designs.
3. Provides twenty-four hour guidance and backup support in diagnosing and resolving difficult hardware, software, instrument, and process problems to maintain system readiness.
4. Designs and develops system databases and application code requiring interlocking and sequencing not easily obtained through normal controls.
5. Ensures complete and detailed specifications, and technical documentation is provided that clearly defines user needs, and system functionality with little or no modifications during each phase of the project.
6. Leads the start-up of new operations by ensuring code and configurations meet specifications and validation
7. Provides project team input on system capabilities and assist teams with system design decisions.
8. Works in a safe and responsible manner to create an injury-free and incident-free workplace.
9. Complies with all job-related safety and other training requirements.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline is preferred.
Five to seven years of relevant experience is preferred. Experience in computer control system start-ups, loop tuning, troubleshooting, and control system modifications. Experience developing process or equipment control applications.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledgeable in any/all of the following systems: PLC, SCADA, MES, Oracle, MS SQ, Delta V
Development of configurable control and supervisory systems and historian type program development. Familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures.
Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills. Self-starter, mature, independent and dependable. Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressure, able to multi-task and is results-oriented. Demonstrates ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Effective time management and prioritization skills. Requires discretion and independent judgment. Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)