Experis is exclusively partnering with a growing and industry leader in the Racine, WI area on a direct hire/permanent Automation Engineer position.
The company's products save lives, make patients healthy, and keep people safe. The company looks to hire people who value a positive work culture, want to be part of a winning team, have a desire to learn and grow, and are looking for the opportunity to stretch their current talents and skills to the next level and beyond.
Our client offers a very generous compensation plan (base salary and bonus), great benefits package, relocation assistance (if needed), and the opportunity for strong and quick advancement with a stable and growing company.
This is a highly visible position that'll manage machine upgrades and process optimization for all existing and future automation within the facility.
- Lead in the development of all automation projects, from initial design through development and programming new automated equipment.
- Work with engineering to assess and evaluate the automation needs and compile justification plans for new equipment; Create quotes for cost and timing of equipment.
- Perform studies and analysis of existing equipment and processes to identify improvements, Redesign existing equipment to modernize or optimize, if necessary.
- Manage interface between internal and customer requirements to agree on specifications and timing.
- Create work instructions, parts list, and troubleshooting guide for designed equipment and coordinate training of all required personnel on designed equipment operation.
- Manage the selection of suppliers and in the forming of new contract. Maintain current knowledge of key automation suppliers and provide input on the capabilities and status of providers of automation design, system and equipment manufacturing. Evaluate suppliers and make recommendations for selection.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field is a plus
- 3+ years of experience, 5+ is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of rubber parts is a plus
- Experience with CAD
- Experience with PLCs, HMIs, and AC/DC drives
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)