The AutoCAD (ACAD) Programmer will develop and maintain programs to automate ACAD engineering applications to reduce manual effort and improve consistency for engineering and manufacturing operations. Programs will be developed using principles of object-oriented programming in AutoDesk platforms, using C# .NET, ObjectARX, iLogic and VBA environments, as required.
ESSENTIAL AND DEVELOPMENTAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and testing software applications and automation projects in AutoCAD and other related programming environments under the supervision of the Director of Engineering.
- Maintaining software.
- Ensure program documentation, operations documentation and user guides are developed and maintained in accordance with company and industry standards.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met with latest AutoCAD release every two years.
- Debugging and resolving issues with AutoCAD installations and automation applications.
- Work with the engineering, manufacturing, product development and business development teams to obtain necessary information and to ensure that the deliverables meet business and project-objective requirements.
- Implementing creative and innovative solutions.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work on more than one project at a time with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate and understand technical material from engineers, programmers, designers, and manufacturing teams.
- High degree of interpersonal skills including both oral and written communication.
- Database experience a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 3 - 5 years of experience in AutoDesk software development projects, with a well-documented success record.
- BS in a software development related discipline is a plus.
- Strong understanding of software architecture and source code integration.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate AutoDesk applications with CNC and web based source code control systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Object Oriented Programming experience in AutoDesk platforms, using C# .NET, ObjectARX, iLogic and VBA environments.
- Good Practice of writing clean and scalable code.
- Creative Problem Solving.
- Good Debugging Skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills to evaluate and rationalize project issues and requests as they arise, along with an ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment
- Strong organizational skills, proactive, and accountable with the ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to establish priorities and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately, including clear and concise written project status update throughout the project lifecycle
- Highly skilled at facilitating and documenting requirements
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration and presentation skills
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)