Our client is one of Metro Detroit's top public accounting firms that specializes in serving the financial, tax and business advisory needs of privately held businesses and their owners. Our clients are located throughout Michigan and Florida.
Position is available for candidates with 8+ years of public accounting audit experience.
- Supervise audit, review, and compilation engagements
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements in a wide variety of industries with the ability to manage to budget.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts effectively.
- Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on business improvement and process improvement and serve as a business advisor to client.
- Team with partners and senior managers on proposals and business development calls.
- Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience demonstrating the ability to research and analyze pertinent client, industry, and technical matters.
- Experience demonstrating strong problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to interact with various levels of client and firm management in both written and verbal form.
- A detailed understanding of internal controls and the external audit process.
- A detailed understanding of the technical aspects of information systems, as well as an understanding of application controls, general controls and financial reporting concepts; the ability to prepare memoranda and/or reports that communicate research findings and recommendations concisely and effectively with an orientation toward business communication and grammar.
- Self-motivate and take responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
- 8+ years of progressive audit experience in a small to mid-sized public accounting firm or equivalent.
- CPA license
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP, GAAS, and AICPA rules and standards.
- Ability to day travel to client locations in the Detroit Metro area.
- Strong analytical, writing, and organizational skills
- Solid interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a high-energy environment
- Leadership ability with a positive team player attitude
We continually strive to create a work environment that embraces change, strengthens quality of life, improves productivity and allows team members to pursue personal and firm goals. We encourage creativity, enthusiasm, positive goal setting and personal development. Teamwork and the desire to learn are two components that contribute to your success at our firm.
If you are looking for an exciting work environment with excellent growth opportunities, please send us your resume today! We look forward to sharing more details with you!
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)