A leading utilities provider is seeking a motivated designer to join their electrical utilities team in Edina, MN. The ideal candidate would have a good understanding of GIS, SAP, and MS Office and be okay working within a team environment.
This position is currently slated to last for 12 months, but would ideally convert to permanent given performance.
- Creates, updates and revises sketches, working drawings and contract documents using Computer Assisted Design (CAD) software or manual means of drafting to meet customer requirements
- Prepares 2D and 3D models
- Must be able to read and comprehend detailed customer requirements, data sheets and supplier specifications
- Assignments will be completed utilizing information provided by project engineering, architectural, or technical services staff under the direction of a supervisor
- Requires familiarity with drafting techniques and engineering concepts and terminology
- Able to read engineering drawing and blueprints
- Prepares documentation to support design drawings
- Prepare bills of material, schedules, and assist engineering personnel with formal drawing transmittals and construction issues
- Working knowledge of GIS, ED/SW, ServConn, SAP, MS Office and related systems
- Technical Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Geographical Information Systems, or Similar
- 2 years of experience in design, construction, project management, or related field experience
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)