Experis is seeking experienced hands on Interim Controller with educational organization located in Edison, NJ. This position is responsible for assisting the controller in the operations of the accounting department which includes producing monthly financial reports, maintaining accounting records, and administering internal controls. This position helps provide leadership in accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Manage the day-to-day accounts payable and general accounting functions.
- Supervise the recording and accounting of payroll and benefits and review bi-weekly analysis and reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and present to CFO.
- Perform analysis of accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Identify and present cost saving opportunities and/or process changes to improve from gained efficiencies.
- Monthly accrual reports and entries
- Account for fixed asset additions and disposals, update depreciation reports
- Calculate and enter monthly insurance cost entries.
- Perform analysis of cost trends and identify areas of concern or where performance can improve.
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statement closing activities, including close schedules, tracking of journal entries, posting of journal entries and review of account analysis (including quarterly 941s).
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA highly preferred but not required
- Prior experience in financial reporting function, understanding of Global financial accounting rules and consolidation under US GAAP.
- Experience in a large accounting firm is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
At Experis Finance (www.experis.com), we've built a reputation for results-driven, innovative workforce solutions that help companies create competitive advantage. From basic to complex, we custom tailor our services to fit our clients' needs from interim and permanent professional talent resourcing to complete project solutions in the areas of risk advisory, tax and finance & accounting. Our professionals provide specialized industry and technical experience and expertise to our clients, enabling them to accelerate their business performance. We serve clients, including Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, from offices worldwide leveraging the workforce capabilities of the ManpowerGroup.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)