Under little to no supervision, performs duties utilizing knowledge and skills commensurate with the requirements of the position. In this position, you will work in a team environment with engineers, designers, technicians, and product managers to ensure successful product launch and support. Work will include electric actuators, thermostats, panel assemblies, and sensor product lines. As a competent technician, the role is able to use advanced processes and tools to maximize results. May act as a technical consultant / liaison with top engineering personnel. Responsibilities include formulating strategic work execution plans and methods, documenting daily work activities, maintaining laboratory equipment in a safe, proper working condition and providing technical training when required. Engineering Assistant will work closely with supervisor and cognizant engineer to keep them informed of status, concerns, or problems at all times.
1. Analyzes, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs new or existing hardware, software, or manufacturing designs or processes.
2. Constructs assemblies, tests circuits, wire harnesses, or tests fixtures.
3. Prepares formal technical reports.
4. Collects and records accurate test or process data for use in problem analysis, product verification, process verification and engineering or manufacturing estimates.
5. Assists engineers in analysis of test or process data.
6. Assists in developing and documenting engineering procedures and preparing of charts, graphs, and reports to future referral of information.
7. Assists engineers to design, develop valuate, qualify and improve products, software programs, or processes.
8. Maintains work area and equipment in a safe, proper working condition
9. Utilizes software application programs such as Microsoft Office, etc.
10. Writes software programs for test setups or for general engineering support, using product configuration and programming tools.
11. Teaches component or product function, application, test and troubleshooting methods to others.
12. Direct outside vendors to obtain information, parts, or equipment and to implement corrective action.
13. Designs test circuits, loads, interfaces, and/or fixtures to aid in product analysis, manufacturing, or test and/or designs software tests and approaches to test.
14. Provides useful product or process ideas to assist engineers in design, development, manufacturing, reliability improvement, or cost reduction.
15. Performs engineering functions, such as developing test or process plans and makes recommendations, based on analysis of data.
16. Recognized expert on product and technical support activities.
17. Works independently with other business units to assist them in configuring, testing or learning the product.
18. Handles multiple complex or multi-activity tasks simultaneously. Has effective time management skills so that high priority tasks are completed as planned.
19. Uses department processes and goals when planning self-directed work activities.
20. Plans and coordinates internal special projects as needed by engineers or management.
21. Other duties as assigned.
1. Associate Degree or equivalent military or formal training in area of involvement.
2. Minimum of 6 years experience in the technical field. Advanced skills, additional education and exceptional performance may alter this requirement.
3. Additional training or continuing education applicable to the position. Typically, an average of one course or seminar per year which pertains to the job.
4. Able to apply fundamental engineering theories, mathematics, mechanics, and physical science concepts to the job.
5. Preferred experience in the fields of electrical (120/230Vac), electronic, mechatronics, pneumatic, and electro-mechanical testing.
6. Preferred experience testing systems with DC brush and brushless motors.
7. Preferred experience testing with a variety of environmental and electrical factors.
8. Preferred experience testing for regulatory compliance of UL, CE, and other global standards.
9. Desired experience with LabVIEW.
10. Preferred experience with SMT soldering.
11. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, good written and oral communications skills, flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
12. Able to perform duties with minimal supervision at onset of new project assignments and virtually no supervision thereafter.
13. Ability to proficiently use the tools or materials required to perform typical assigned duties in areas of hardware, software, and manufacturing.
14. High attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
15. Possess a professional appearance and positive work attitude, in accordance with work area and company policies.
16. Able to develop skills necessary for advancement.
17. Able to work weekend and adjust work hours on projects in need.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)