URGENT NEED - Application Support Analyst with Unix/ Linux Administration experience - Contract to Permanent role!!!
Location: NYC 10016 (Near Grand Central)
Duration: 6 months Right to Hire (Contract to Permanent)
Hired Application Support Analyst will be part of our Client's Market Access Support team.
The responsibilities of the Market Access Support team include but are not limited to the following:
* operate, administer and extend a 500 live servers platform, built with state-of-the-art and low latency technologies, connected to more than 40 Trading Venues, and processing from 10 to 30 million orders per day and a vast amount of financial information in real time;
* provide timely resolution of highly technical and specific user issues and requests;
* monitor performances, fine-tune processes and manage capacity planning to be consistent with the low latency expectation;
* manage high performing in-house order routing, feed handlers, pre-trade checks and trade reporting services;
* provide support to more than 100 US traders operating various strategies on a wide range of assets;
* work closely with Exchanges and Trading Venues to manage implementation of new services;
* collaborate with worldwide ITEC departments;
* implement new Market Access solutions for business initiatives;
To be successful in this role, qualified candidate needs to have following experience/ skills:
* Proficiency with Unix/Linux system administration including troubleshooting techniques and scripting languages (Shell, Python)
* Windows: maintain jobs, check network or shared drives, analyze memory
* Database: MySQL be able to do simple queries
* Basic knowledge in networking (TCP/IP, routing, multicast)
* Knowledge of Stocks and Derivatives products & American markets preferred.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)