Job Title: Application Engineer
Location: Portland, OR
Employment Category: Direct Hire
Base Hourly Offering: $75,000 (Negotiable Hourly Rate)
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship or Green Card
Travel Requirements: 25% - 50% Travel
Onboarding Requirement: Background & Drug-Screen
Benefits Offered: 401k, Medical, Dental, and Health Insurance.
Application engineers provide technical support in person or over the phone for customers, sales, and trade shows for CNC Machines. Complete time studies, test cuts and machine demonstrations as per customer requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsibilities include up to and not limited to:
- Perform application engineering work under direct supervision.
- Participate in training activities with senior colleagues, internal academy, and external resources.
- Compile fixtures/ work holding for demos, test cuts, and turnkeys.
- Conduct time estimates for customer parts.
- Calculation of optimal speeds and feeds for part processing.
- Use CAPPS conversational programming, industry standard CAM systems, and direct G-Code/ Macro programming to generate CNC programs for parts processing.
- Setup CNC machines with program, tooling, workpiece, and fixtures.
- Inspection of finished parts for quality and accuracy.
- Generate engineering reports and technical documentation.
- Frequent communication with internal technical staff, external customers, and external suppliers.
- BS Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering or related field preferred, and/or machining knowledge.
- 0-2 years related experience.
- Knowledge in part processing, metal cutting, CNC programming, reading drawings, and machine setup.
- Basic understanding of Metallurgy.
- Proven experience to communicate professionally with internal and external customers.
- Proven flexibility with shifting priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proven organizational skills, with high attention to detail.
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week and overtime with advance notice.
- Strong analytical/problem solving abilities.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Exposure to manufacturing/machining environments which may present possible hazards such as noise, electricity, chemicals, heavy equipment, and other automated and manual machinery. General office environment experienced at DMG MORI office.
- Physical Demands: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse screening
- Frequent: Travel, operating a vehicle, standing, walking, bending, squatting, stooping, sitting and reaching. Pushing, pulling, and lifting objects. Repetitive foot, leg, hand, arm, shoulder, and torso movements.
- Periodic: Operating power equipment, sitting at desk, utilizing computers and phones.
- Occasional: Lifting or moving up to 50lbs.
ManpowerGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)