Experis Engineering is hiring a Application Engineer. The Application Engineer will responsible for the technical service and application support before and after sale of the company products. The AE evaluates customer applications and makes recommendations for product use, model, and option selection and assists customers with technical questions and problems. The AE offers technical assistance to the sales department in the generation of new sales. The AE works with the sales administration to resolve non-technical sales problems. The AE works with engineering to create new products and options in support of customer applications.
The Application Engineer will have the opportunity to:
- Assist customers with specifying solutions for applications, setup and repair of product, providing additional product details, etc.
- Identify improvements and new product ideas and report these to engineering and manufacturing.
- Drive implementation of product line improvements across multiple practice groups
- Provide training (application, product, service, etc.) for sales and engineering.
- Coordinate with manufacturing and engineering as needed for additional technical support
- Seek out training to improve customer service. Stay on top of all product changes by examining engineering changes and new product releases.
- Take direction and perform job duties as requested by Product Manager.
- Continue to learn new skills and techniques through in-house training, outside training/coursework, seminars, trade shows, and the internet.
- Travel to customer sites to support sales, troubleshoot issues, or provide training.
- Travel varies throughout the year depending on customer needs and trade shows about 20% travel.
The ideal Application Engineer required qualifications:
- Ability to analyze technical problems/issues and effectively articulate verbal and written recommendations and solutions.
- Ability to present technical information to various audiences, often in a group setting.
- Ability to progress multiple tasks with shifting priorities
- Knowledge of mechanical design to include design understanding of pneumatic devices, fasteners, seals, strength of materials, bearings, locking mechanisms, etc.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and personal time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering is required
We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader - including a competitive salary, health, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, training and more!
We've got the right opportunity. Tell us why you're the right person! Apply today @ Breahna.Tucker@experis.com
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)