Title: Mobile developer (Android)
Location: Bedminster, New Jersey (07921)
Contract: Up to 2.5 years
- Take ownership of developing critical modules of multiple employee-facing enterprise apps
- Design, develop, build and deploy enterprise mobile apps that work in conjunction with cloud-based server components
- Collaborate with Business, vendors and other IT teams in the design and enhancement of mobile apps
- Troubleshoot production systems during outage and provide full debugging support to relevant teams
- Work in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, documentation and deployment.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing carrier-grade mobile apps using Java, Kotlin, Swift, React Native etc.
- Expert in Android UX concepts including Dynamic UI with Fragments, Activity Lifecycles and Service concepts, power management and device internals
- Core Java skills including multi-threading, various JDK libraries
- Working knowledge of on-device databases like SQL/SQLite, secure storage, data encryption
- Solid understanding of network protocols and web technologies such as JSON, REST APIs, HTTPS, push notifications
- Experience in implementing enterprise-grade security practices, OWASP guidelines, vulnerability detection tools like Fortify etc.
- Solid understanding of software development best practices, distributed computing, design patterns
- Sound knowledge of mobile technologies, information security, enterprise-level app capabilities
- Knowledge of Google ML Kit, various machine learning libraries and APIs
- Good grasp of industry best practices in cloud-based, enterprise-class software development
- Experience in Git for source control
- Typically 8 to 5.
- In order to support mission-critical apps that run 24x7, sometimes off-hour work may be required as per departmental procedures and company guidelines.
- Mobile developer (Android) who works on problems of moderate and varied complexity where analysis of data may require adaptation of standardized practices or precedent.
- Acts independently to identify and select appropriate methodologies.
- Work customarily and regularly (50% of time or more) requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment.
- Normally receives general instructions on non-routine work assignments.
- Requires additional instructions and frequent guidance on new assignments.
- Decisions are made independently. Assigned multiple tasks or projects are generally reviewed after completion.
- Contact is typically coordinative in nature and involves exchanging detailed technical information.
- Will deal with both internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrates solid working knowledge in job-related functional area and of the business.
For more information on this opportunity please feel free to reach out to Lindsay Wanke at email@example.com
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)